PDA

View Full Version : iTunes stuck on the beach...ball of deathhh

D35P3R4T0
Oct 13, 2011, 07:51 AM
I downloaded the newest version of Lion, itunes and iOS 5 last night. tried updating my iphone, but when I plug it into my MBA itunes pops up and is stuck in the spinning beachball of death.

My Mac knows the phone is connected, because iPhoto pops up asking to import all pics and my device is recognized in itunes...

I have tried restarting my Mac and iPhone but this did not work.

the next step I am thinking to take is to redownload the updates for Lion, iTunes and iOS 5 if it lets me:confused:...

nkawal
Oct 13, 2011, 12:53 PM
I downloaded the newest version of Lion, itunes and iOS 5 last night. tried updating my iphone, but when I plug it into my MBA itunes pops up and is stuck in the spinning beachball of death.

My Mac knows the phone is connected, because iPhoto pops up asking to import all pics and my device is recognized in itunes...

I have tried restarting my Mac and iPhone but this did not work.

the next step I am thinking to take is to redownload the updates for Lion, iTunes and iOS 5 if it lets me:confused:...

The same thing happened to me last night. I downloaded 10.7.2 for my macbook air. Then I update both of my AT2's. Then Proceeded to update my ipad2 to iOS5, when i saw teh beachball, i too got scared after reading forums and seeing that people had issues upgrading. I eneded up leaving it. It stayed on the beachball for about 10 minutes then continued, went back to beachball for 5 minutes, continued and ended up upgrading sucessfully. Apple server took a major hit lastnight with updates for all devices and OS. Overall, it took about 4 hrs for me to update my Mac Air, ipad2 and 2 ATV2's. Oh yea, i update my iPod nano 6th to 1.2 as well.