Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lewys

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
London
Before I upgrade my 3GS I would like to know what features are not available on it. Can you use the apps like find my friends? What about the other features?

Also I have an iPad 1 3G and wifi and can't seem to use the location reminders. Are they not available on the first iPad?

Thanks

glenncal

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2009
As far as I can remember, only Location Reminders are omitted (not available in 1st iPad too, as you said). In fact iOS 5 even adds the ringtones which had been available to iPhone 4 only.

Last edited:

glenncal

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2009
Find my friend also doesn't work on iPad 1. Does it on 3GS?

It works on my iPad 1 (and 3GS), I think. I've downloaded the app and opened it but still haven't used it.

And as Dooper3 said you don't get the iPhone 4s exclusive features like Siri and speech-to-text.

lewys

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
London
It works on my iPad 1 (and 3GS), I think. I've downloaded the app and opened it but still haven't used it.

And as Dooper3 said you don't get the iPhone 4s exclusive features like Siri and speech-to-text.

Ok thank you, if you get a chance to use it on both devices could you let me know by posting back in this thread?

tlam19

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2011
some of the camera options aren't there. But the grid, lock screen camera button, and the volume button for shutter release works great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.