Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mactagg

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
United States of America
So I thought finally they would fix this. After years of waiting, sending in complaints to Apple, they would finally allow me to have my international settings as U.S. and my calendar week start on Monday, not Sunday.

IT STILL ISN'T FIXED! What's more is that you can set iCloud's calendar to start on Monday! So...

BusyCal is set for Monday!
iCloud is set for Monday!
iPad and iPhone... Sorry, you must start on Sunday in the United States! :mad:

Why Apple can't change this boggles my mind? I just don't understand. It's probably the easiest code change in the history of the universe!

CalltoStool

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2012
Unable to start week in iPhone on Monday

I agree its unacceptable
It may be that there are religious zealots within Cupertino who have disproportionate sway. They must have been there while Steve was in charge but now have really come out from under the rock.
It also affects Australia. I've only lived here for 57 years and the start of the week has always been Monday from my recollection. And as someone pointed out on another thread, what about the term "weekend". And ISO conventions.
Pulease!
I'm happy with the Cyrillic alphabet (you get 33 characters instead of the 26) so I've changed my International setting to Russia. This gives Monday as the start. Russia is not the atheistic country some presume. Orthodoxy is still a force. Their word for "resurrection" is the same for "Sunday", but yet that is still day 7.
I may stick with the Cyrillics once the Monday problem has been fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.