PDA

View Full Version : iCloud / Pages / Mac

johngordon
Oct 13, 2011, 10:01 AM
Has anyone used iCloud with any of the iWork suite yet?

Just trying to figure out if its even designed to work with two Macs, as opposed to iOS devices.

I downloaded the iOS version of Pages, and got it going, as it said to get started you had to switch on iCloud on the iOS version.

Once i'd done that i at least figured out how to upload and download files to iCloud, but when you download it from iCloud it dumps it in the downloads folder, from where you can move it around.

On the iOS device the file essentially lives within the app, so you don't have this issue.

So essentially, i can't see that there's a way of using iCloud to have it automatically push out the same version of the document to multiple Macs.

Hopefully that makes some sense, someone might have a clue as to what i'm talking about, and be able to shed some light.

jacksnack
Oct 14, 2011, 06:03 AM
Has anyone used iCloud with any of the iWork suite yet?

Just trying to figure out if its even designed to work with two Macs, as opposed to iOS devices.

I downloaded the iOS version of Pages, and got it going, as it said to get started you had to switch on iCloud on the iOS version.

Once i'd done that i at least figured out how to upload and download files to iCloud, but when you download it from iCloud it dumps it in the downloads folder, from where you can move it around.

On the iOS device the file essentially lives within the app, so you don't have this issue.

So essentially, i can't see that there's a way of using iCloud to have it automatically push out the same version of the document to multiple Macs.

Hopefully that makes some sense, someone might have a clue as to what i'm talking about, and be able to shed some light.

Hey, I'm afraid it's even worse. It seems that there isn't any push! Everything has to be done manually (in 2011...). I only have two MacBooks but I get stuck even at the "buy the Numbers app for iOS". I don't have an iOS device but I expected to use this doc syncs you describe.

Can't see what the advantage is at this moment. I found some other real sync stuff like dropbox or (some say even better:) Sugarsync.
I'll get sugar sync. Seems that Sugarsync does what I want without any headaches (Read Apple: WITHOUT headaches.)