Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EricDM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
Anyone know how to rearrange the apps on the notification screen? I've seen some where weather on top and others where stock tracker is on top. I'd like to have mine with the weather, then reminders, then email.

Thanks for any help. :)

eric

JeffMonty

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2008
Go into the Settings app, then Notifications. There should be an Edit button in the upper right. Then you'll be able to move the notifications around.

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
I did that last night with no problem. Now, I go in and put things in a certain order but they keep going back to where they started. Very frustrating!

EricDM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
Go into the Settings app, then Notifications. There should be an Edit button in the upper right. Then you'll be able to move the notifications around.

I see the edit button but how to I actually move the apps into the order I want? If I highlight one it pulls up the next screen to turn on/off notifications and other options.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I did that last night with no problem. Now, I go in and put things in a certain order but they keep going back to where they started. Very frustrating!

Same thing happened to me. What I did was turned off ALL notifications. Then had to turn them back on one by one and then it finally stayed in the order I wanted.

EricDM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
Same thing happened to me. What I did was turned off ALL notifications. Then had to turn them back on one by one and then it finally stayed in the order I wanted.

How do you set the order? I'm sure it's something easy that I'm just not seeing.

Thanks again for the help. :)

briarfox56

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
A hard reset fixed mine. It would re order and the stocks would always default to bottom. Hold top and home buttons untill you see the apple logo again.

EricDM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
A hard reset fixed mine. It would re order and the stocks would always default to bottom. Hold top and home buttons untill you see the apple logo again.

I don't even know how to change the order...that's what I need help on.

InTheAir

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
See the three little lines on the right side (after to click Edit)? Touch those lines and drag to the new location (touch....keep your finger down.....then drag).

tlam19

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2011
settings > notifications > edit

you can sort apps manually or by time. or get rid of them in your notifications list all together.

hold and drag the three lines on the side to change your order. tap done when you're finished

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.