PDA

View Full Version : Mix up of Apple ID's

maviso5
Oct 13, 2011, 11:32 AM
So before the iOS/iCloud transition I used to have:

@gmail.com address for my iTunes transactions
@me.com addresss for mobileme related stuff

Now when I go in iTunes it's talking about my @me.com and it's starting to get a bit crazy now, what's going on?

Been reading other forums and seems no one really knows...

chrismac2
Oct 13, 2011, 12:04 PM
So before the iOS/iCloud transition I used to have:

@gmail.com address for my iTunes transactions
@me.com addresss for mobileme related stuff

Now when I go in iTunes it's talking about my @me.com and it's starting to get a bit crazy now, what's going on?

Been reading other forums and seems no one really knows...

If you're letting the iPhone or iCloud on Mac setup assistant set things up for you, it will automatically think you want to use your MobileMe account as your iTunes store account. All you have to do is, on your phone, go to settings->store and change it back to your original iTunes account.....and same for iTunes on the mac.

You can use your MobileMe account for iCloud and all syncing, but still use your old iTunes account for store purchases and iTunes in the Cloud.

The real problem is if you have your mobile me email address listed as the primary or verified contact address under your iTunes Apple ID. If so, you better use your iTunes Apple ID for FaceTime and iMessage or else you'll have difficulties trying to put in that email address as a way to contact you on those services.....that area currently all messed up.....