Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
After updating to 10.7.2 the launchpad icons for programs are HUGE.... looks ridiculous...

Everything seems a bit slower too.. especially booting up. I am starting to get a little nervous about updating Apple software now... especially since iOS 5 ruined my phone and backups last night...

justdeepuuu

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
After updating to 10.7.2 the launchpad icons for programs are HUGE.... looks ridiculous...

Everything seems a bit slower too.. especially booting up. I am starting to get a little nervous about updating Apple software now... especially since iOS 5 ruined my phone and backups last night...

yea the booting up thing, for sure
before it used to take like hardly 4 seconds now it takes like 15 gosh!!!

Steve's Barber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011

Just goes to show the priorities of the OSX coding staff. I can't recall ever reading that the old icon size was an issue but they fixed it anyway.

Vintage Apple. No surprise here.

Everything seems a bit slower too.. especially booting up.

Yep. My pinwheel goes around 18 times before I get to the login screen. Then beach balls for 5 more seconds, then the unresponsive "fake" desktop (the one that's just an image to give the appearance of readiness).

After this it's at least another 30-60 seconds before my restored apps really load and are useable.

A 5400RPM drive BTW.

Moral of the story... just let the mac sleep.

I am starting to get a little nervous about updating Apple software now...

Getting a little bloated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.