Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scott.d.walker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
I have a mac mini hooked up to my HDTV in my basement and it recently started having a really slow internet connection (trying to download the new iTunes and it says it is going to take 15 hours). When it is on the internet my entire wireless system is also incredibly slow.

I have 20MBS from time warner cable and a apple airport extreme base station. It has not always been this way, it just started happening. I tried plugging it into my second router (bridged down in the basement for xbox and blue ray systems) and that did not help.

It was working fine with no problems up until this week. I have restarted, and done everything I can think of... any ideas? Thanks!

Scott
--
11" macbook air--13" macbook pro--ipad2 16bg--iphone 4 32gb--mac mini--lots of old outdated stuff

Adamantoise

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2011
I have a mac mini hooked up to my HDTV in my basement and it recently started having a really slow internet connection (trying to download the new iTunes and it says it is going to take 15 hours). When it is on the internet my entire wireless system is also incredibly slow.

I have 20MBS from time warner cable and a apple airport extreme base station. It has not always been this way, it just started happening. I tried plugging it into my second router (bridged down in the basement for xbox and blue ray systems) and that did not help.

It was working fine with no problems up until this week. I have restarted, and done everything I can think of... any ideas? Thanks!

Scott
--
11" macbook air--13" macbook pro--ipad2 16bg--iphone 4 32gb--mac mini--lots of old outdated stuff

If it's your only computer, you could try forwarding all HTTP/HTTPS requests to the Mini from your router.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.