PDA

View Full Version : HELP! iPad has been wiped during iOS 5 upgrade and new iTunes has lost my backups!

DeeEss
Oct 13, 2011, 02:15 PM
Damn you iOS 5!

I just upgraded to iOS 5 and it has wiped the iPad of everything. You would think you could just restore from a backup but ALL my iPad backups are now missing! I sync almost every day and it backs it up when it does it, I know the backups were there, but now they are ALL gone!

Everything is on there that I need! Help!

JRoDDz
Oct 13, 2011, 02:20 PM
Do you have a time machine backup?

DeeEss
Oct 13, 2011, 02:30 PM
Yes I should do where are they stored?

Thanks,[COLOR="#808080"]

JRoDDz
Oct 13, 2011, 02:30 PM
Yes I should do where are they stored?

Thanks,

Windows:
Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

Mac:
home directory/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

DeeEss
Oct 13, 2011, 02:33 PM
Windows:
Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

Mac:
home directory/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

OK thanks, I found them. But every time I try to restore it does this:

iTunes was interrupted while restoring the contents of the iPad.

It gives you the option to continue restore but then gives a new error:

An error occurred while restoring this iPad (-1)

Then the issue loops around.

Any ideas?

JRoDDz
Oct 13, 2011, 02:40 PM
OK thanks, I found them. But every time I try to restore it does this:

iTunes was interrupted while restoring the contents of the iPad.

It gives you the option to continue restore but then gives a new error:

An error occurred while restoring this iPad (-1)

Then the issue loops around.

Any ideas?

Did you restore an old backup from time machine? This is what you need to do.

DeeEss
Oct 13, 2011, 03:44 PM
Did you restore an old backup from time machine? This is what you need to do.

Yeah I did. I restored from backup made a day ago. I get the same issue looping over and over. It won't let me restore giving error (-1)

DeeEss
Oct 13, 2011, 04:27 PM
Anyone have any ideas?

NewYorkRanger
Oct 13, 2011, 04:31 PM
Damn you iOS 5!

I just upgraded to iOS 5 and it has wiped the iPad of everything. You would think you could just restore from a backup but ALL my iPad backups are now missing! I sync almost every day and it backs it up when it does it, I know the backups were there, but now they are ALL gone!

Everything is on there that I need! Help!

Exact same thing happened to me. Lost my back-up. It only lists a back-up AFTER I upgraded to 5, and that only makes it go back to default settings.

To add to it, my iTunes library was wrecked, made a files called "iTunes Library (Damaged)". None of my apps or anything are showing up anymore. Music auto-synced, but lost videos, books and apps.

Dragged apps back, re-syncing those now, but so pissed. Lost photos that I hadn't synced yet.

DeeEss
Oct 13, 2011, 05:18 PM
Exact same thing happened to me. Lost my back-up. It only lists a back-up AFTER I upgraded to 5, and that only makes it go back to default settings.

To add to it, my iTunes library was wrecked, made a files called "iTunes Library (Damaged)". None of my apps or anything are showing up anymore. Music auto-synced, but lost videos, books and apps.

Dragged apps back, re-syncing those now, but so pissed. Lost photos that I hadn't synced yet.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get or photos back. The whole thing is a joke. I have backups from time machine but they're completely locked out by iOS 5 or the new iTunes. Thanks Apple I've potentially lost everything.

Can you downgrade to iOS 4?

Cascadians
Oct 13, 2011, 05:26 PM
This just happened to me. Have a 3GS. Tried to upgrade. Kept getting Error -5000 Alert. On phone with AppleCare. All the way up to Senior Advisor. Been on phone for HOURS with Apple.

She had me do a manual back-up of iPhone 3GS before upgrading to iOS 5.

The back-up is GONE, DELETED. The phone is NOT upgraded to iOS 5.

All history and existence of my phone has been DELETED from iTunes on my iMac. *** Nothing remains ***

She just said this is an "EMERGING ISSUE" and all around her in North Carolina the iPhone support employees' customer's back-ups are being deleted.

My phone is destroyed. The back-ups are gone. Utterly screwed.