Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the-design-guy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Silicon Valley
There used to be an option in iTunes to convert music to 128 kbps before syncing to iPhone/iPad. After updating to the new iTunes 10.5 and iOS 5, this option has now disappeared. Since I store all my music on my Mac in Apple Lossless, I can no longer fit much on my iPhone and iPad. Anyone else encountered this problem? Have they moved the option somewhere else?

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
There used to be an option in iTunes to convert music to 128 kbps before syncing to iPhone/iPad. After updating to the new iTunes 10.5 and iOS 5, this option has now disappeared. Since I store all my music on my Mac in Apple Lossless, I can no longer fit much on my iPhone and iPad. Anyone else encountered this problem? Have they moved the option somewhere else?

I have not upgraded my iPhone yet but it definitely still exists on my upgraded iPad using iTunes 10.5 and iOS 5 and it does work like it used to. I'm not sure why you are not getting it. Are you sure that you are reading the option checkboxes on the lower center part of the SUMMARY tab in iTunes when the device is plugged in?

Tony

the-design-guy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Silicon Valley
Thanks!

Are you sure that you are reading the option checkboxes on the lower center part of the SUMMARY tab in iTunes when the device is plugged in?

Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tony. I didn't look under the Summary tab. I was looking under the Music tab (where I think it used to reside). It is definitely there. Doh! Thanks for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.