Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

btownguy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Let's say you use photostream with your iOS device(s) and iPhoto:

option 1: In iPhoto, you can have it automatically import photostream photos into events to be saved forever (don't have to worry about the 30-day or 1000-pic limit of photostream).

option 2: You can also tell iPhoto to save all new photos (imported from a digital camera) to photostream. My question concerns this feature. If you do this, obviously the newly imported photos go to photostream. Do those photos also come right back down and get imported into the event created from option 1 above? Seems like you would now have this picture in 3 places - the original imported from your digicam, photostream, and the event created by photostream in iPhoto.

I would hope iPhoto would be smart enough to know not to save it in two different events. Anyone got any experience with this yet?

ndunand

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2011
Switzerland
Hi, from what I see on my computer :

Files shot from my iPhone appear in the iPhone camera roll, the Photo Stream, and in the Photo Stream event created automatically by iPhoto (if chosen to act so in the prefs).

Files shot on my digital camera appear in the Photo Stream, but not in the Photo Stream event.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.