Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheT

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
Germany
Just got an error from Mail that it couldn't recieve emails, couldn't connect to my iDisk, the mac.com page is down... my homepage is still up though:-/
Is this what I paid 50 bucks for?!?!?!?

Attachments

• mac.jpg
    mac.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 322

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
This is what I get.

I'm chalking this up to growing pains for a very new service with massive future potential. If this is the price of Apple continually upgrading their service and making it better, I'm all for it.

That being said...IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF!!!!

Taft

Attachments

• navigator.jpg
    navigator.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 313

TheT

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
Germany
Originally posted by Taft
I'm chalking this up to growing pains for a very new service with massive future potential. If this is the price of Apple continually upgrading their service and making it better, I'm all for it.
Well, normal companies can upgrade their systems without having their services completely down...
This is what I get now:
from mac.com
The requested application was not found on this server
I don't see why they have this kind of problems... I thought the Xserve is really great in reporting errors? :D :confused:
I'm still waiting, Apple... I wanna check my emails!!!:mad:

Thirteenva

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
can't get my mac mail here at work either. Can't connect to server.....

It's a bit annoying to say the least...

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
Hey, TheT, what's that weather app running in your menubar? that pretty groovy.

TheT

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
Germany
Originally posted by e-coli
Hey, TheT, what's that weather app running in your menubar? that pretty groovy.
Well, I thought I have to have a cool app if the weather already sucks...:cool:
It's called Meteorlogist and it's free, check on versiontracker.com

TheT

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
Germany
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
It's back up for me now...guess we had to wait for Apple's west coast people to get to work. ;) :p
...still doesn't work for me :(

TheT

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
Germany
aaah... I just noticed that homepage.mac.com is down,too... so my homepage as well :eek:
"!§$%&/!!!

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2001
.Mac licks. Paying for something based on imagined future features is inane. I've got better places to spend $100.

Thirteenva

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
It's back up for me now...guess we had to wait for Apple's west coast people to get to work. ;) :p

Still not working for me...

Can't connect with outlook...

Can't get to webmail....

mac.com not working...

very annoying....

TheT

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
Germany
yeah, it's all up again... finally!!!
But I don't have to be thankful for this, do I ?!?

samdweck

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2002
1 Infinite Loop
Re: Mac.com down again

Originally posted by TheT
Just got an error from Mail that it couldn't recieve emails, couldn't connect to my iDisk, the mac.com page is down... my homepage is still up though:-/
Is this what I paid 50 bucks for?!?!?!?

I know.. this makes me sick!!! BTW, cool browser, what is it?

samdweck

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2002
1 Infinite Loop
Originally posted by samdweck

it works for me, but i was at school all day! i think that it all seems to be up now! but what were the chagnes, i dont' see any!!!!

oh here we go:

Dear .Mac Member,

We hope you haven't been greatly inconvenienced by the two .Mac network outages we've experienced in the past two weeks (including this morning) and we sincerely apologize for any problems you've experienced. The outages were the result of equipment failures, and since the equipment vendor has not been able to persuade us that the problem will not occur again, we've already begun installing new equipment from a different vendor.

We're completely back up and running now, and no data or mail was lost. We expect the equipment change over to be complete within the next several weeks, and we'll be working hard to ensure that there are no further issues during that time. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience while we make this transition, and if you do experience any difficulties, please go to http://www.apple.com/support for up to the minute information and status.

The .Mac team

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
OK, maybe I'm going to sound like a big sucker, but doesn't this sound liek a good thing. If its true, it means they identified a problem in the system and were willing to switch equipment so the problem wouldn't happen again. Now lets see if they follow through.

Taft

TheT

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
Germany
Equipment failure?!? I hope mac.com didn't run on Xserves before, if it did, that's no gut advertisment of Apple's products... well, it's not good that .mac didn't work, either!!! And this never happen with the free iTools.
Not good...:mad:

TheT

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
Germany
Re: Re: Mac.com down again

Originally posted by samdweck

I know.. this makes me sick!!! BTW, cool browser, what is it?
It's called Cunnind, it's basically a Chimera (which is Mozilla) mod... I don't know exactly where you can find it, just search the forums, there's a thread somewhere...

[edit]Oh, I found something in the Help menu :D http://www.chrisjdavis.ath.cx/ [/edit]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.