Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sakau2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
I have 24 ringtones that I created and appear in my iTunes. They were all working fine prior to iOS 5.

Now, when I sync my iPhone, I can't find them anywhere on my phone. I see a variety of Apple's offered ringtones and a link to buy more ringtones, but I don't see my created .m4r ringtones.

Anyone else seen this?

fxapple

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2010
Illinois
I have 24 ringtones that I created and appear in my iTunes. They were all working fine prior to iOS 5.

Now, when I sync my iPhone, I can't find them anywhere on my phone. I see a variety of Apple's offered ringtones and a link to buy more ringtones, but I don't see my created .m4r ringtones.

Anyone else seen this?

I have the same issue and continue to search the internet for a solution but have not found one yet. I also noticed that you can not assign a ringtone to a contact. WTF?

sakau2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
I have the same issue and continue to search the internet for a solution but have not found one yet. I also noticed that you can not assign a ringtone to a contact. WTF?

Bumping this. Anyone else seeing it or have a fix?

I can assign ringtones to contacts (but only apple's)

blubyu

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2010
Make sure that your self made ringtones are less then 30 seconds. Even if they say they are 30 seconds in iTunes they might be slightly more and if that is that case they will not sync. I had to redo a couple of my ringtones when I was testing the iOS5 beta for this very reason.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
Make sure that your self made ringtones are less then 30 seconds. Even if they say they are 30 seconds in iTunes they might be slightly more and if that is that case they will not sync. I had to redo a couple of my ringtones when I was testing the iOS5 beta for this very reason.

correction make sure they are less than 40 seconds I have spent much time on ringtones I have over 300 on my phone (what a shame on my part haha) also are you sure they are syncing over properly?

azmacguy

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2011
This was my experience with ringtones.

After I upgraded to iOS 5 all of my purchased tones were not on my phone. However they still appeared under Ringtones under the Devices heading when my phone was connected to iTunes. They also were listed under the Library section of iTunes, so i just went and deleted all of the ringtones under devices on my phone and copied them over from Purchased under the Library heading. Also make sure that who have clicked "Manually manage music" under the options settings under Summary.

Synced phone and they were back on my iPhone. Did the same on my wife's phone and she has all of her ringtones back.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

sakau2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
This was my experience with ringtones.

After I upgraded to iOS 5 all of my purchased tones were not on my phone. However they still appeared under Ringtones under the Devices heading when my phone was connected to iTunes. They also were listed under the Library section of iTunes, so i just went and deleted all of the ringtones under devices on my phone and copied them over from Purchased under the Library heading. Also make sure that who have clicked "Manually manage music" under the options settings under Summary.

Synced phone and they were back on my iPhone. Did the same on my wife's phone and she has all of her ringtones back.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

This worked for me.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.