Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
Ok believe it or not but my mom doesn't have internet and she has an IPOD 4gen on 4.3.3

Downloaded the iPod 5.0 .ipsw from apple and went to my moms house Installed new iTunes (also downloaded at home) and plugged her iPod

Pressed shift (windows) and restore and then took the .ipsw manually.

Was able to update (gave her semi internet with my iPhone 4 sharing connection)

But when the iPod rebooted all was erased. It was like a new iPod bough from the shop. We did restore her backup but kinda sucks.

Anyway to update an iPod iPad or iPhone without internet and without deleting everything on the iPod

supermac96

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
Ok believe it or not but my mom doesn't have internet and she has an IPOD 4gen on 4.3.3

Downloaded the iPod 5.0 .ipsw from apple and went to my moms house Installed new iTunes (also downloaded at home) and plugged her iPod

Pressed shift (windows) and restore and then took the .ipsw manually.

Was able to update (gave her semi internet with my iPhone 4 sharing connection)

But when the iPod rebooted all was erased. It was like a new iPod bough from the shop. We did restore her backup but kinda sucks.

Anyway to update an iPod iPad or iPhone without internet and without deleting everything on the iPod

I don't think you can do that. Just take her iPod to a computer that has internet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.