Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phreakout13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 4, 2004
South Eastern MA
Hello! The other day my friend let me borrow his airport express base station. He got one with his iMac, but never got the card installed in it. He says there's no use because it ended up in a room with ethernet, so now I have it. Anyway, I love it, but I was wondering how I could network with my other computers. I have my internet going into a router. Two of my computers are going into it, and my airport is going into it too. Is it possible to network with my other computers using my airoprt, they're not showing up on the network. Thanks:)

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I'm not quite sure what you mean but remember, that you've gotta enable all the computers for file sharing before they'll work properly. However, I think you might be saying that the AirPort is coming out of the router alongside the other two computers in which case, I'm pretty sure you wont be able to network. Well, there's no way I can see it happening anyway, but hopefully one of the more savvy members will be able to help. I'm pretty sure all the computers would have to be connected to the AirPort though. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.