Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rimmi2002

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
Hi I just updated my IPAD2 to IOS 5.0. Almost all standard apple installed apps work. All third party apps do not load at all. They just give a flickr of the screen. Anyone know what could be going on? Thanks!

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
I've experienced no problems with any of my apps, be they Apple or not. Have you checked with the App Store to see if you have any iOS5 compatible updates to download?

DaliaP.

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
I had the same issue when i updated my iPhone 4 yesterday. Here is how i was able to resolve it:

- Open AppStore from your iPhone/iPad
- Install ANY app (free apps works just fine)
- In the process it asks for your AppleID, enter it. (In a way that's validating the new iOS for use with your Apps.)

All apps should work now.

(minus the apps you installed using someone else's AppleID -if you have any- Those just went away on my iPhone because of the new restrictions)

Hope this helps..

Grandriver

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2011
Thanks guys. Did the trick for me. Sure was a long process doing the upgrade. I started two nights ago and it took forever downloading the update on my slow DSL. Then I got a message that it could not do the upgrade because there was not enough room on my HD (only 9 GB). So, I did a clean up and freed up 80 GB and then tried. Took 4 hours and I thought it had croaked. Appears it may have kept iOS5 the other night and then used it today. Sure would not want to go through that very often.

GR

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.