Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jealousguy86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
OK, so this one is REALLY bugging me. I upgraded to iOS 5 last night, get in my car this morning and hook up my iPhone to the deck thru USB like i always do to listen to music on the way to work. the first few songs were fine.

some songs were much quieter than others. Out of NOWHERE.

normally the highest I'll go to play music is 35 on my deck. i had to play it at 45 to get the same volume with some of the bands/albums/songs/ whatever.

it even sounds quieter when i just play the iphone on its own with its speakers in my hand, a noticeable difference between songs.

this must be an iOS 5 thing because this has never been a problem before. I didn't tinker with any settings on my deck, even if i did, why would some songs be fine, but others not? and i didn't mess with anything in itunes last night with my music. THIS. IS. ********.

PLEASEEE HELPP

EssP

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Settings > Music > Sound Check +ON

This.

Noticed this with myl last update - bothered me, but dealt with it and just upped the dBs a few notches. But aside from that - Could just be the way the song was recorded or the bitrate it was transferred as. You'd be surprised how poorly tracks are recorded that we don't even notice until given a reason to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.