PDA

View Full Version : Gain more space on the Air?

gman901
Oct 13, 2011, 11:07 PM
So I just upgraded my phone and iPad to ios5. Is everything in the cloud now? I want to delete all my apps and backups off my Air and only sync my contacts, notes and calendar to my Air through wifi sync. Can I do that and not have iTunes try and erase everything off my iPhone 4?

altecXP
Oct 13, 2011, 11:36 PM
Not everything, only some things. My iphone apps are in the cloud, but there is music i got in itunes thats not showing up for me, but i bought it a LONG time ago.

gman901
Oct 14, 2011, 06:14 AM
Thanks for responding! Do you know if backups and app data automatically backup? I do not see anything on my iPhone or Air that indicate my backups are stored. Can I still sync my notes, calendar and contacts only without syncing my apps? I want to delete all my apps off my Air since they are useless on the Air and just eat up space. I just am worried if I delete everything, iTunes will want to automatically delete or transfer them back to my Air.

gman901
Oct 14, 2011, 06:53 AM
Thanks for responding! Do you know if backups and app data automatically backup? I do not see anything on my iPhone or Air that indicate my backups are stored. Can I still sync my notes, calendar and contacts only without syncing my apps? I want to delete all my apps off my Air since they are useless on the Air and just eat up space. I just am worried if I delete everything, iTunes will want to automatically delete or transfer them back to my Air.

altecXP
Oct 14, 2011, 08:39 AM
On your phone if you go to Settings -> iCloud at teh bottom is Storage and Backup, make use you set iCloud Backup to ON. You have to be on WiFi for your backup to run.

I restored my phone using it and it saved my settings and what Apps I had on my phone. I had to manually put my music back on though from the Purchased option in the iTunes app on my phone.

gman901
Oct 14, 2011, 09:10 PM
I finally figured it out and currently backing up my iPad. Can I turn off syncing to Apps on my Air, delete them, then just sync my iCal and Notes through a tethered connection? Btw - does Wifi sync work? I have both my Air and iPad on the network, but the option to sync on my iPad is not available.