Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emw

macrumors G4
Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
Blue Velvet said:
No, you're not alone.
http://www.google.co.uk/ is also down...

New searches on Tuesday. :)
Hmm. Must have been temporary. It seems to be back up again :confused:

I even waited awhile to post it... ah, well. Apparently nothing to see here. Wonder what caused it?

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
Uh-oh

I am getting

"DNS lookup error

DNS lookup error"

I think that Google is down again...

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
emw said:
Wonder what caused it?

Too many lurkers.

Have run a couple of searches. Seems to be A-OK to me...

Disconcerting... can't imagine using another search engine.

rtdgoldfish

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2004
Nashville, TN
Both Google and Gmail are down here. Noticed it a few mins ago when I tried to check my e-mail. Thought it was just my parent's computer being dumb. Oh well, hopefully no big problems but being down at 7pm on a Sat. seems a little weird.

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
Google is back up now. This is kinda scary. Can't think of what I would do without it...

emw

macrumors G4
Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
Peterkro said:
Both U.K. and com appear still down to me.
Wierd. It's up for me, so I wonder if it's not Google specifically, but something to do with DNS servers... but why only Google, unless they've changed IP addresses and it's taking awhile to propagate.

jamdr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2003
Bay Area
Seems .com is still down. This is really scary. I'm doing some research for a project now and have to resort to yahoo or altavista. I never realized how much they suck before.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
I also noticed that it wasnt working for me but I didn't want to post because I though that it was just me.

I mean, google being down?

I don't think I would be able to live without google for 24 hours. I use it for EVERYTHING.

emw

macrumors G4
Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
Yeah, just noticed gmail is down. I'm betting something changed on their end and it has to filter out to everyone's DNS servers.

For those of you that can't get to Google, try http://216.239.57.104

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Gmail has been down a while - but I haven't had any trouble getting to Google.

I don't know that it's Google's issue though. Looks like DNS - could be a simple mistake at Google's end, could be an attack on DNS in general or a poisoning attempt... could be almost anything. :D

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Who cares?

As long as we've got Mroogle... *goes to link but that's not working either.*

emw

macrumors G4
Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
killuminati said:
I also noticed that it wasnt working for me but I didn't want to post because I though that it was just me.

I mean, google being down?

I don't think I would be able to live without google for 24 hours. I use it for EVERYTHING.
I'd rather lose Google than MacRumors! I can always use Yahoo!, but don't force me to go to a different forum!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.