Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SC.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
p07-smtp.mail.me.com

This is the default smtp my iOS devices are trying to use when I set up iCloud on them - (I've created a new free ID as I don't want to mess with my existing MobileMe just now)

For over a day now it still will not send out - just getting a 'Connection to outgoing server failed' message....Receiving seems fine.

I've seen the work arounds, adding an additional smtp server - using smtp.me.com (as my MobileMe) seems to work, but I'm reluctant to have this as a permanent fix, especially if the built in Apple iCloud default is something else....

Any clues to what is going on here..?? Surely Apple's server is up and running by now ?! Tried a ping, but doesn't seem to find a host ?? :confused:

Thanks all, Steve

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
p07-smtp.mail.me.com

This is the default smtp my iOS devices are trying to use when I set up iCloud on them - (I've created a new free ID as I don't want to mess with my existing MobileMe just now)

For over a day now it still will not send out - just getting a 'Connection to outgoing server failed' message....Receiving seems fine.

I've seen the work arounds, adding an additional smtp server - using smtp.me.com (as my MobileMe) seems to work, but I'm reluctant to have this as a permanent fix, especially if the built in Apple iCloud default is something else....

Any clues to what is going on here..?? Surely Apple's server is up and running by now ?! Tried a ping, but doesn't seem to find a host ?? :confused:

Thanks all, Steve

My default smtp server on my iPad is p05-smtp.mail.me.com and it failed to connect for 2 days. I did add smtp.me.com and it now sends. I believe their servers are over worked and it will take some time to rectify. You can always add back your default smtp server when things get fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.