Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Safari loads blank white tabs for many links that open a new tab. And the tab bar is monstrously large.

Notification fonts are too tiny. The grey canvas/denim background for them is really cheesy.

Split keyboard = awkward.

The "Music" app is just awful.

Safari has no more clear cache button.

Safari now supports the deleting of individual cookies, but the cookie list isn't alphabetical and there is no search function. If you need to delete an individual cookie, welcome to 5 minutes of hunting a jumbled list.

Wish I could send an iMessage to any phone, even if it doesn't have iMessage. Not sure why it just doesn't convert to an SMS.

Newsstand automatically took the NY Times icon from my home screen and placed it in the Newsstand folder. But I don't want the NY Times in a folder. I want it on my home screen.

So far, gestures in Safari remains my favorite thing, but I enabled that long ago.

Last edited:

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
The iMessage issue is due to the fact that it uses data, not SMS. No SMS on iPad, so it has no way to send them.

Fliesen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2010
Austria
the split keyboard is actually pretty nice when you're in portrait and you can't rest the iPad on your lap or a table.

once you get used to it (within 3 minutes, it's REALLY intuitive), it's alot faster than pecking the keys with 1 finger while holding it with the other Hand.

of course, landscape regular QWERTY typing is still superior.

once you have SEVERAL magazine subscriptions you'll appreciate NewsStand alot more, i believe.

about the iMessage -> SMS problem: who'd pay for these SMS, if you're on wifi? Apple? the recepient?
i agree with you on the Music app, it's pretty awkward :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.