Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnnyfinlandia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
Has anyone else got this issue with their Macbook Air

Was quiet before but after today's update is on constantly.

I am using mains so will monitor and see if it goes away but is very noticable now.

:(

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I noticed it after the EFI update. I had been using the 10.7.2 beta from about that time, as well, so I don't know what caused it. I'm guessing that Apple is tweaking the fan settings a bit. I wouldn't be surprised to see another EFI update at some point, as I think that is what will be necessary to resolve the remaining wake-to-sleep issues that some people are having.

jk90

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
idle on mine = 2000rpm 40degrees celsius since the update (seems normal).

are you running adobe flash on websites? have you updated to latest flash 11? or if its not web browsing it might be the particular program/app you are running to cause the fans to run at higher rpm.

my fans seem to stay at 2000rpm temps 50-60 degrees celsius when running flash video on websites only on firefox and safari though.

however on chrome flash video websites the fans kick in to 3000-4000 and temps 70-80 degrees celsius because chrome has its own built in flash, but they should update soon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.