Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I try to enable Back to My Mac, and it complains that performance won't be very good unless I enable UNNP or NAT-PMP on my router. After doing some Googling, I determined that, since I have service from AT&T U-Verse, neither of these technologies is supported by my router! My network setup looks like this:
Code:
(Internet) -> Modem+Router -> Switch -> Devices
What should I do, if anything? I've already looked at the router's user manual and poked around in the settings web interface for it. No dice.

bbarnes870

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2011
I had to uncheck the box and recheck it for some reason and it worked fine after that. I have a Linksys E2000 router and it was saying the same thing. Each mac throughout the house also required that I uncheck and check the box again after the first attempt. Hope this helps.

I'm having the exact same issue - though turning UpnP and/or NAT off and back on makes no difference.

Any ideas?

Screen+Shot+2012-02-08+at+8.51.24+AM.png

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Hey, at least I'm not alone! I haven't tested Back to my Mac yet, and can't right now due to my MBA refusing to install Lion... but that's an issue for another thread.

Anyway, how is your network configured? If you have 2 routers connected to each other, that may be the source of your problem - Mac OS X will only see the inner router, even if the outer router is correctly configured, as yours appears to be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.