Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sence

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
  • Imessage scrambles order of messages on synced devices
  • Cant delete photos from photostream
  • Certain notifications are still presented in legacy way
  • Doubletap to get homescreen cam mode, why not just add what you should show in settings
  • Not possible to copy pictures from camera roll to photo stream or vice versa
  • Photostream does not show geolocations
  • Reminders only uses adressbook for geofence
  • After safety copy three devices none of them survived with apps in place after upgrade

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I agree that Photostream is the most 'in-need-of-changes' thing.

Hopefully they'll add some of these ideas in 5.1 and not make us wait until 6.

• Certain notifications are still presented in legacy way

You can't change them in the notification settings? Or are you talking about something not associated with an app?

sence

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
I agree that Photostream is the most 'in-need-of-changes' thing.

Hopefully they'll add some of these ideas in 5.1 and not make us wait until 6.

You can't change them in the notification settings? Or are you talking about something not associated with an app?

I dont have a specific, on the other hand a call all blue popups notifications :) It somtimes seems that Apple wait with launching basic features so they can gather them all in a giant keynote, for example you can now use volume up to take pictures, everyone in the crowd gasps for air an applaudes. Wtf was my reaction, they make small features sound grand and i guess we will hear now you can delete photos from photostream and everyone will gasp for air.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I dont have a specific, on the other hand a call all blue popups notifications :)

So what happens when you change the setting?

Attachments

• phone_note.jpg
    phone_note.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 74

mluman83

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Florida
How do i get to that screen? Only sort programs and apps that should be included in the notification center

Settings/notifications/click on specific app/adjust notification setting for it.

You can customize each app to notify you with banner, alert box, or not at all.

:apple:

The Phazer

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
London, UK

Well, as an example, if I go into the Mail app while offline (say because I'm underground), the old style pop up notification box comes up, one after the other, for every account seperately, meaning you have to press to make it go away several times.

That hasn't been fixed under the new notifications, which is a shame as it looks and feels crap.

Phazer

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
  • Not possible to copy pictures from camera roll to photo stream or vice versa

??

I don't have a problem with this. In Photostream, when I press the little arrow (as if I was going to send MMS) one of the options is "Save to camera roll."

All new pictures I take end up in the photostream...that is a setting you have to enable in the camera, I believe.

Old photos do not sync to the photostream, but that is as easy as copying the older photos in the camera role to your computer and then placing them in the photostream uploads folder (if you are on a PC you need to download the iCloud client...not sure about a Mac) if you wanted them in both places.

sence

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
??

I don't have a problem with this. In Photostream, when I press the little arrow (as if I was going to send MMS) one of the options is "Save to camera roll."

All new pictures I take end up in the photostream...that is a setting you have to enable in the camera, I believe.

Old photos do not sync to the photostream, but that is as easy as copying the older photos in the camera role to your computer and then placing them in the photostream uploads folder (if you are on a PC you need to download the iCloud client...not sure about a Mac) if you wanted them in both places.

So that is lean? Dowloading the 500 photos on my iphone that i have taken to my pc photostream upload folder, what happend to it just works? Couldnt it have done this during the upgrade?

----------

So that is lean? Dowloading the 500 photos on my iphone that i have taken to my pc photostream upload folder, what happend to it just works? Couldnt it have done this during the upgrade?

Sorry if i sounded hostile thanks for thechelp man, i guess its the only way, it just buggs me

----------

Sorry all if i sound a bit bitter but i was really expecting ios5 to be more than this, i guess apple spoiled me to much. Im sitting in the train tethering my ipad2 via my iphone 4 and it does not auto detect my device unless i go into my iphone 4 s shared connection then its found in wifi on my ipad, doing this everyday gets tedious. I then get all my conversations with my gf scrambled in the wrong order when switching from the phone to the pad. Yesterday it wiped all my apps on three devices even though i made a safety copy, so yeah i was expecting alot more

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA

Oh, I agree it isn't convenient and that it would be nice if it took care of it on its own, but at least you only have to do it once. Took me about 2 minutes.

sence

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Oh, I agree it isn't convenient and that it would be nice if it took care of it on its own, but at least you only have to do it once. Took me about 2 minutes.

Yeah, once again thanks for the tip! :) i will do it when i get home

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.