Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Original poster
I stumbled across some Mac101 lessons on the Apple site today that I'd never noticed before, and I don't recall being referenced here either (nor on a quick search). They look like a really good reference guide for both new Mac users and Switchers since they cover everything from the Mac GUI and how to use your apps, to keyboard shortcuts to troubleshooting when things go wrong with your Mac.

And they're less daunting looking to basic users than some of the Mac support pages. They're all updated to Tiger but I might still send them to some of my recent Panther switchers who haven't quite got to grips with some of the cool things their Macs can do.

Mac Basics 101

Switchers 101: Lose Ctrl, Gain Command

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
A very interesting guide to the basics. The good thing is that it's free. Personally I prefer an action video, with voice. I just don't get as much out of reading. It was the same for me in in college, would learn a lot in class. I happen to like MacAcademy.

Kerry Sanders

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
Hayden, AL
Very cool. Thanks for posting. I am currently using Windows, but my Power Mac is on its way and should be here by mid-week. I cannot wait to get going with my new Power Mac. I am pretty excited about switching after using PCs for the past 20 years or so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.