Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MichaelS99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2011
Hartlepool, England, U.K.
Just gonna keep this plain and simple. What is the best case that compliments the smart cover ? I would prefer something that shows the Apple logo. Also which stylus (for the iPad I am soon getting) is the bet for average use ? And another thing :D , are there any other essential iPad accessories ? :confused: Thanks in advance :p

:apple: P.S:Will my iPad 2 come with iOS5 ?? :rolleyes:

Pete the Geek

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2011
Sioux Lookout
I'm happy with the Targus stylus. It gets a lot of use (and is passed around a lot) and is still going strong.

"Essential" accessories are pretty individual. The accessory I use the most is the Apple Composite AV Cable. I use the cable to connect my iPad to a digital projector. I show videos and use the iPad 2 as an Interactive White Board with Note Taker HD (which supports "TV Out"). I've also used Key Note to deliver presentations. I thought I would use the Apple Digital AV Adaptor more often. This adapter supports display mirroring, but it turns out that HDMI hookups are still quite rare. Still, I sometimes use it to connect my iPad to my monitor (in my case via an HDMI to DVI adapter).

I have the Camera Connection Kit, which I use to transfer pictures and video from my camera when I travel. I have a Belkin Micro 2.1A car charger to keep the iPad going during long car trips (my spouse's game playing would otherwise flatten the battery). I have a Tom Bihn Ristretto bag that goes everywhere with me.

Finally, I have the OtterBox Utility Series Latch. It gives the iPad 2 a strap so it can safely be used one-handed. It also has a lanyard attachment so the iPad 2 can safely be used while walking around or by a child. I'm not 100% happy with the Utility Latch - it covers and slightly interferes with the volume and power buttons and the audio jack. It is also not compatible with the Smart Cover. Imperfect, but it is the only easily-removable strap/lanyard combination I've found.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.