Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
Of the many issues I have with iOS 5, this seems the most idiotic. Why would they not allow you to delete from the cloud? I turned it off, reset photo stream, turned it back on, and all those pics are still there.

As someone who synchs contacts, mail and calendar with Exchange, this was the one feature I was looking forward to and it doesnt work as well as it should.

mactmaster

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
Of the many issues I have with iOS 5, this seems the most idiotic. Why would they not allow you to delete from the cloud? I turned it off, reset photo stream, turned it back on, and all those pics are still there.

As someone who synchs contacts, mail and calendar with Exchange, this was the one feature I was looking forward to and it doesnt work as well as it should.

Photos are deleted from your photostream after 30 days. The stream is only meant as a temporary storage to facilitate syncing the photos between your devices.

spencer3

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2011
This was tried. It doesnt work

After turning off Photo Stream on all your iOS devices...also, try going into your System Preferences on the computer, go to iCloud, then unselect Photo Stream. This should clear your photos.
:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.