Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trance

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
I turned the photo stream options ON on my iPhone and and iPhoto (mac) when i take a new photo on my iPhone it doesn't show up in iPhoto.. what am i doing wrong?

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
I turned the photo stream options ON on my iPhone and and iPhoto (mac) when i take a new photo on my iPhone it doesn't show up in iPhoto.. what am i doing wrong?

Same thing here. Works great on my iphone and ipod and on one Mac, but my other Mac Photo Stream and iCal just will not work, baffles me.

Laowai

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
Foreigner in China
No photo streams in iPhone

Photostream does not work. In iPhone non of the new photos appear in photostream folder of the phone. In iPad new pics are in the photostream folder but their they stay, not streaming in any direction. Furthermore, photostream reset in iCloud web does not have any impact.

Any hints how to make this work, how to solve the problem? (in other words, please don't reply "mine works fine".)

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
maybe it works only on wifi?

Everythnig is on Wi Fi, just odd, three out of 4 devices work great, yet one just doesn't really odd. The iCal thing was the oddest, I tried to delete the iCloud account and add it back and it told me there was no CalDev databases on icloud servers....yet this is the default place iCal is set to loo look, you cannot change that, seems to be either a bug or a problem on Apples server side.

burmguy

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
no luck here either with a PC. I have it set on the phone with back up enabled. It create a photostream folder within my pictures folder but nothing is in there...take a few more pics, do back up via cloud...nothing

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
no luck here either with a PC. I have it set on the phone with back up enabled. It create a photostream folder within my pictures folder but nothing is in there...take a few more pics, do back up via cloud...nothing

The Photo Stream folder should create automatically once you take a picture with Photo Stream enabled.

Laowai

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
Foreigner in China
Did some more testing...

This is implementation issue in the photostream. It is expecting that if wifi works then connection to the server works, too. Obviously it start trying, when wifi connection is present. However, if it the server connection fails, then it drops everything and those photos being "streamed" will never stream again.

I have three iCloud devices, and only one can be connected to photostream at a time, due to limitation in my VPN account (needed in China). It means that I have not only one stream but three dysfunctional streams.

I would had expected that new photos goes to photostream "cache" or "queue" or what-ever in a device and when connection works end-to-end it uploads the photos to the stream and from the stream. Current way is a bug.*

FranksWildYears

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
It uploads fine from my iPhone, but it simply does not work on iMac. It says 'Uploading Photos' but nothing happens, and there's nothing to view but the instruction message, either.

Polydactyl

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2009
The Photo Stream folder should create automatically once you take a picture with Photo Stream enabled.

Wait, so PhotoStream dumps pictures to a folder on PC, but not Mac? It works with Aperture just fine for me, but I'd rather just sync new photos directly to a folder on my iMac.

Am I missing something obvious?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.