Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
Hey guys.

I am not sure why but I am unable to check "enable photo stream" in iPhoto 11. Every time when i check on "enable photo stream", it would uncheck itselfs immediately!

I spoke to an Apple Genius about it. While speaking to her on the phone, I found that the problem is actually unique to my photo Library! i.e. if i create a new photo library (alt+click iPhoto), photo stream will be working absolutely fine. However, I have got lots of faces, events, albums in my old library that I am very reluctant to give up. I am sure some would understand.

Does anyone know a solution to this? Or if you have any way that could hasten the progress of restoring my iPhoto albums lists, events and etc.

Thanks so much!

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
I found a solution to it actually. Not sure if anyone will need it, but for future references.

press and hold on Command + Option and click iPhoto. Check every box there is available to it. It will start rebuilding your entire library while maintaining your albums and library!

tomovo

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2010
I have the same problem but this solution didn't work for me.

I have two computers, one with a very small library, only a few photos - Photo Stream works fine.

Second machine - same iCloud account, 22k photos, migrated through several iPhoto versions - doesn't work. Rebuilt the library as hinted in the post above - still nothing.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for making it work?

vdubbeet

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2012
I'm having same issue but I'm not using iPhoto

I'm on a Win 7 64-bit laptop and photo sharing is grayed out and will not let me select. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

CJiMac

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2012
I found a solution to it actually. Not sure if anyone will need it, but for future references.

press and hold on Command + Option and click iPhoto. Check every box there is available to it. It will start rebuilding your entire library while maintaining your albums and library!

This worked great for me - Cheers :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.