PDA

View Full Version : look

applemacdude
Oct 7, 2002, 04:34 PM
iMac ... i wonder, June 7, 2002
Reviewer: A PC Hardware Fan I was loaned an iMac by Apple to review for my website. And while I agree that this is a beautiful machine, well made and a great machine for the "home user" it is NOT as robust as I would have liked.

To say that there are more applications for this than a Windows machine is NOT right, and these are NOT as robust for high end work.

Granted the iMac is targeted to home users, and for iDVD, iMovie, Office, and email this will be fine. The chances of crashing it are slim. However OSX crashes more often that XP under intense graphical stimulation (3D applications, Photoshop, Flash etc).

OSX is also slower than XP, esp playing back any CPU based animation.

Having said all this ... I would still highly recommend any home user buying one of these ... but if your into anything more than Office and iMovie .. get a G4, Ti-Book or even the new G5 coming out soon.

from *maz*n.com

applemacdude
Oct 7, 2002, 04:35 PM
i didnt write this

samdweck
Oct 7, 2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by applemacdude
i didnt write this

that is really strange.. report it to arn.. asap!!!!

arn
Oct 7, 2002, 04:54 PM
similar IP's.

My guess is you didn't logout from a computer on campus or whatnot. Change your password, should fix it.

arn

samdweck
Oct 7, 2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by arn
similar IP's.

My guess is you didn't logout from a computer on campus or whatnot. Change your password, should fix it.

arn

i hope that is all it is, good thing you have an ip logger, some people r so rude giong through other peoples emails and stuff.. darn them

vniow
Oct 7, 2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by samdweck

i hope that is all it is, good thing you have an ip logger, some people r so rude giong through other peoples emails and stuff.. darn them

Did you ever fix that 'post reply' button problem?

Just curious.:)

samdweck
Oct 7, 2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by edvniow

Did you ever fix that 'post reply' button problem?

Just curious.:)

actually no, and arn tested my account and didn't have a problem... how strange.. hmmm.. i will delte cookies or something!