Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ilbuffer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
When I go to set up my iCloud account on iPad 2, returns the message that my login or password I entered is incorrect (obviously not true), and the badge is stuck with the error on the settings page, so I have to forcibly closing the app settings from the background. I already tried to change the password, but it did not do anything.

How do I do?

Ty!

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
When I go to set up my iCloud account on iPad 2, returns the message that my login or password I entered is incorrect (obviously not true), and the badge is stuck with the error on the settings page, so I have to forcibly closing the app settings from the background. I already tried to change the password, but it did not do anything.

How do I do?

Ty!

When I got to that screen, I put in my mobile me account for iCloud, not my iTunes account. I have NOT set up iCloud yet. I'm waiting for things to settle down. If you don't have a mobile me account, you can use your apple id, which again is different from your iTunes account. I have heard Apple will allow you to merge your apple id with your itunes account but I've no interest in doing so... yet. I'm within minutes of updating our last iOS device to iOS 5. All but one of our Macs is running 10.7.2. That's enough updating for now. Maybe I'll tackle iCloud later on. My goal is to have everybody in the family set up on iCloud before the end of the month so I can shut down mobile me and get a partial refund. But saving a few bucks on mobile me is not as important to me as making sure all my contacts and calendar entries are safe.

For the time being, I'm thinking of enabling wifi sync to iTunes. Once I have iCloud properly set up and I'm convinced it's working, I'll switch device backups to iCloud so we can get away from iTunes. I'm so sick of iTunes for connecting to my iPhone. I prefer iTunes for searching for music. I often search a song on iTunes (where I can actually find it) and then if it's cheaper, I'll buy it over at Amazon. But I have rarely had a smooth sync. Every sync brings back at least 1 or 2 deleted apps or hangs during the transferring purchases phase. Using iTunes is not a quality experience for me and I'm looking forward to iCloud... when I'm convinced it's fully working.

ilbuffer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
I'm use @me.com to set icloud account. I have previously transferred data from MobileMe to iCloud following the precedure of me.com/move.

This iPad 2 is not the only device that I use iOS, I also have an iPhone 3GS which I was able to correctly set this iCloud accounts.
It's very frustrating situation.

:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.