Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sseguin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm on ios5. Anyone know how to save email attachments (unknown file types)?

360-40

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
I have this problem too.

I have read that if you have an app that supports the attachment type, then you can view / save attachments of that type using that app.

But can anyone point me to any good reference as to what attachment types different apps support? (e.g. GoodReader, ReaddleDocs, Documents To Go. The websites for these apps say they will read MS Office and PDF doc types, for example, but I haven't found a comprehensive list yet)

Is there an app that will save all attachment types?

My urgent need is to be able to read emails attached to other emails - attachments that show up as .eml files on the PC. Is there an app that will view / save an email message which arrives as an attachment to another message?

vettori

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Italy, near Venice
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm on ios5. Anyone know how to save email attachments (unknown file types)?

It seems that on iOS5 something changed because even our Group Email app that is configured to accept all kind of files (to save them or attach them to other emails) does not appear on the "Open In..." menu for "unusual/unknown" file types. On iOS4 it appeared for any type type.

I reported the problem to Apple, let's hope they'll fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.