PDA

View Full Version : Do Switcheasy cases really fit both iPhone 4s and 4S?

twombles62
Oct 15, 2011, 11:18 AM
I'm looking at buying a Switcheasy Vulcan for my iPhone 4S. Switcheasy's site says in the description for a number of cases such as the vulcan and rebel that their cases fit all iPhone 4 and 4S models.

However, the cutouts on their cases are only big enough to accommodate one silent switch position, right? I mean I haven't seen the CDMA and original iPhone 4 next to each other but I believe the difference is larger than Switcheasy's openings.

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/CapsuleRebel_iPhone4/productwindow/Black/d.jpg

vietalogy
Oct 15, 2011, 11:31 AM
I have the white rebel which I got from switcheasy about couple months ago for a replacement and it fit my 4 and now 4s.

If you order now I'm sure it will fit both.

BiscuitsNGravy
Oct 15, 2011, 03:11 PM
Yes, my wife just bought the Glitz. Fits just fine with no problems.

couzo
Oct 15, 2011, 03:13 PM
I ordered the nude from the EU store and it does not fit the 4s. The side buttons sit to low :( I am waiting to hear back from them as it states all over the site that it would fit.

CandieB
Oct 15, 2011, 04:17 PM
The Speck case that I had on my 4 fits my 4s. The tech at the Apple store told me this when I went to buy a new case. I was very pleased that she told me instead of just letting me buy another case.

twombles62
Oct 16, 2011, 08:07 AM
Ok I've been doing some research and Switcheasy's official and unofficial facebook pages are filled with complaints of people saying their cases don't fit their 4S. So I'll wait a little while to order one and see.

lightbreeze
Oct 17, 2011, 04:27 PM
I bought the Switcheasy Nude on eBay, and it doesn't fit my 4s. Still waiting for my CapsuleRebel case to come (directly from Switcheasy)-- fingers crossed that it actually works.

vietalogy
Oct 18, 2011, 04:30 PM
I bought the Switcheasy Nude on eBay, and it doesn't fit my 4s. Still waiting for my CapsuleRebel case to come (directly from Switcheasy)-- fingers crossed that it actually works.

It should since they made it to fit gsm and CDMA mute switch. My capsule rebel fits fine.

lightbreeze
Oct 19, 2011, 11:08 AM
I think its likely that the SE Nude that I found on eBay is a knockoff. Hopefully the real CR will fit if it ever arrives.

lightbreeze
Oct 23, 2011, 11:26 AM
Reporting back: the Switcheasy Capsule Rebel (bought directly from website) arrived and fits my iPhone 4s with no issues.

Hope this helps anyone trying to make a decision.