Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dunder09

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
Is there a way I can set up Twitter notifications so that I get a notification when someone sends me a tweet? I have it set up so that I get it as a text message, but I'd prefer to just have it show up in the notifications bar and then if i want to read it, have it take me to the Twitter app. Is this possible? Thanks.

almac04

macrumors member
May 19, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Is there a way I can set up Twitter notifications so that I get a notification when someone sends me a tweet? I have it set up so that I get it as a text message, but I'd prefer to just have it show up in the notifications bar and then if i want to read it, have it take me to the Twitter app. Is this possible? Thanks.

Settings->Notifications->Twitter->Notification Center - On, Alert Style - Banners, View in Lock Screen - On.

G-Giant88

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2011
I'm having the same problem. Looks like other people are too. I've got the notifications set correctly, as well as the twitter app, but notifications don't seem to be working...

Any advice guys?

Peter-Gee

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2010
I'm having the same problem. Looks like other people are too. I've got the notifications set correctly, as well as the twitter app, but notifications don't seem to be working...

Any advice guys?

Yeah, I would change it in twitter settings, but it kept defaulting back to being "Off" for some reason. After about 5-6 attempts, I gave up and went to using Tweetbot. Works like a charm :)

BoBBBBBBBO

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2010
Can I make Tweetbot showing up notifications in the notifications center? Is this possible?

EDIT: It's OK, I found out how.

Last edited:

T0rca1950

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
I'm not getting any notifications from twitter nor Boxcar. I set up all corretly. My mail app is also not pushing any notifications... But i'm gettin notifications normaly from instagram or soudtracking... Wierd...

kappaknight

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Twitter + Notifications does work. However with the most recent Twitter app update, it turned on some features which may have messed up the associations.

Try this: Go into the Twitter settings in iOS, delete your accounts and put them back again. (Or you can do it in the Twitter app)

T0rca1950

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Thx for the test tweet but still nothing, do you mind sending one more so i can test the Boxcar?

sparkyms

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Southampton UK
I turned them on by going into the App itself, going to the '...' at the end of the row, tap settings, then notifications, then you can choose what you get notifications for.

It's a bit unintuitive for something that's supposed to be integrated..

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
Hmm. How fast do you normally receive your tweets after they've been sent to you? I have 2 accounts and I have one in iOS5 and in my twitter app and I'm sending it tweets from my other account from my PC and it's taking quite a while to go.

Also, in notification center I have it organised by app not time and I put twitter at the top, back out of the settings and then when I look at the settings again the twitter app is at the bottom of the list! :s. Anyone else having this problem?

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
Did you click 'done' or 'save' before you came out of the settings?

Yes! :p.

Someone told me a hard reset fixes it, and it did. Until I added twitter into the list again, and it shuffled itself. Another hard reset fixed it with twitter now where I want it to be though. Finally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.