Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madmartigan

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
I was playing hero of sparta 2 on my 4s, and I noticed that when i hit the home button the phone seemed a little slower. In fact if i swiped the phone left until the search bar appeared it would do so with lag.

I then went to the multitask toolbar by double clicking the home button. I saw that I had game center, Facebook, and about 5 other games running.

I deleted all the games and apps from their save states until I just had hero of sparta 2 running.

the phone then scrolled to the search bar extremely quick and with zero lag.

so I know a lot of people think that save states on ios5 do not use up resources but how can i hit the home button during hero of sparta2 when I'm in a level and save its state exactly where I left off with no loading.

however when i load a fresh level from hero of sparta2 without a save state it takes about 15 seconds to load.

idkmybffjon

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2011
its not running in the background, it may just take a second for the ram to free up for the gpu. hence a second of lag

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.