PDA

View Full Version : Case/Charger - BOOST vs MOPHIE

efyou
Oct 15, 2011, 05:35 PM
I only have had a Mophie for my 3GS and it was ok. Bulky, a bit too shiny and slippery but did a pretty good job for what I wanted. A case and a charger in one.

Now I've got the 4S and I'm going to need a new case/charger.

I'm kind of leaning towards the Boost Case because I think it looks slightly better and it supposedly increases reception too. Not sure about that though. And the Mophie Juice Pack Plus looks very solid too.

Anyone here have any opinions on either of these?

Mr D
Oct 15, 2011, 05:39 PM
never heard of BOOST...just looks them up...

real nice...damn it, it doesn't look as bulky as the mophie.

efyou
Oct 15, 2011, 05:49 PM
never heard of BOOST...just looks them up...

real nice...damn it, it doesn't look as bulky as the mophie.

Yeah. I just discovered the Boost Case today too.

Mr D
Oct 15, 2011, 05:53 PM
Honestly, I'm looking at the reviews for the boost case and they are amazing as is the customer service.

Order from Amazon! the cases are significantly cheaper there and they are direct from Boost.

efyou
Oct 15, 2011, 05:57 PM
Honestly, I'm looking at the reviews for the boost case and they are amazing as is the customer service.

Order from Amazon! the cases are significantly cheaper there and they are direct from Boost.

Yeah that's exactly what I was doing too, lol reading all those reviews. I originally started looking at the Mophie today and in one of the reviews someone mentions that BOOST is better and I was like.. BOOST? wtf is that. Then I searched Amazon for Boost. Figured I'd come by here and run it by you guys.

Kaenon
Oct 15, 2011, 06:03 PM
Yeah that's exactly what I was doing too, lol reading all those reviews. I originally started looking at the Mophie today and in one of the reviews someone mentions that BOOST is better and I was like.. BOOST? wtf is that. Then I searched Amazon for Boost. Figured I'd come by here and run it by you guys.

They look identical to me.

I had a Mophie for a week or so with my iPhone 4, but it was too bulky...

I can't tell the thickness difference, wish I had a side by side comparison.

efyou
Oct 15, 2011, 06:03 PM
Annnnd this might have just sold me..

Yes Boost Case Plus also has a lifetime warranty. If you have any issues and need a return, just send an email to sales@boostcase.com with your order details.
Thank you for your interest!

Poncho
Oct 23, 2011, 01:07 PM
After reading all this and doing a bit of research I just bought a Boost case too. Coming Tuesday

Nhwhazup
Oct 23, 2011, 02:45 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Take a look at the Phone Suit as well. I have it and really like it. The build quality is great, has a matt and scratch resistant finish. And the charging is super - a full charge from 6% and then some still to spare. Highly recommend it.

dontwalkhand
Oct 23, 2011, 02:45 PM
If someone can post how the leather version looks on a phone, when its open, you may have got me sold as well.

jaymjoe
Nov 13, 2011, 09:15 AM
I have had the boost case for about 3 weeks now and love it! It is slightly bulky but i have gotten used to it. I have about a 2.5 day charge and use my phone quite a bit.

Minarets
Nov 13, 2011, 11:51 AM
i too had never heard of boost until a day or so ago. i was looking at mophie, incipio offgrid, exogear exolife and others. after reading amazon's reviews, i think boost is for me.

SchneiderMan
Nov 13, 2011, 12:09 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Take a look at the Phone Suit as well. I have it and really like it. The build quality is great, has a matt and scratch resistant finish. And the charging is super - a full charge from 6% and then some still to spare. Highly recommend it.

X2 on that. I've yet to review a battery case with that much power in a relatively slim profile.

gmaines
Nov 13, 2011, 02:29 PM
They have it at Costco for $65, amazon has it for $105 for the same package. I just bought one, it will ship in 1 week.

vietalogy
Nov 13, 2011, 02:37 PM
Ive been through so many battery cases and seem to return them all the bulkiness gets to me after a couple of days. The Boost does look like a good case.

edit:
I just ordered one after reading and viewing the reviews. Hopefully this is this is the last one I try.

Marcellus
Nov 14, 2011, 11:36 PM

I am looking for a battery case too, but one issue that I keep reading about in my research is signal loss. Have you experienced any signal loss with the PhoneSuit? Thanks.

vietalogy
Nov 18, 2011, 12:14 PM
Got boost case last night and did a full charge and today used it to charge my phone and did not charge my phone full from around 30%. Guess I'm done with battery cases.

Marcellus
Nov 18, 2011, 01:12 PM
Got boost case last night and did a full charge and today used it to charge my phone and did not charge my phone full from around 30%. Guess I'm done with battery cases.

I am firm believer in "you get what you pay for," so I have opted for the PhoneSuit Elite. It costs about $35 more than the Boost Case, but it receives excellent reviews everywhere and it will be worth paying the extra for peace of mind.

vietalogy
Nov 18, 2011, 04:14 PM
I am firm believer in "you get what you pay for," so I have opted for the PhoneSuit Elite. It costs about $35 more than the Boost Case, but it receives excellent reviews everywhere and it will be worth paying the extra for peace of mind.

I am also firm believer with that too but the bulkiness really bothers me. Wished the iPhone had a removable battery so I could just get a extended battery and back.