PDA

View Full Version : New MBA - How to transfer iTunes Apps

james714
Oct 15, 2011, 07:14 PM
Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

After seeing a friend's Macbook Air, I also went on Amazon and purchased a 13" i5 128SSD. Instead of using time machine, I decided on a clean install for the new machines.

One of the issues I'm running into is iTunes. Given that both my iPad and iPhone are sync'd onto my old MacBook Pro, does anyone have any good recommendations on how to move/transfer my iTunes library? Specifically, I want to make sure the iPhone/iPad apps are transferred correctly.

Any insights appreciated.

Thank you.

martinm0
Oct 15, 2011, 08:47 PM
Open iTunes and then close it. Copy your iTunes folder from your old machine to the new machine. Should be good after that.

james714
Oct 15, 2011, 09:17 PM
Open iTunes and then close it. Copy your iTunes folder from your old machine to the new machine. Should be good after that.

Thanks. Silly question - Is the iTunes folder under ~/Library/iTunes?

Or is it somewhere else?

tom3097
Oct 17, 2011, 05:23 AM
Thanks. Silly question - Is the iTunes folder under ~/Library/iTunes?

Or is it somewhere else?

It's in ~/Music just copy the whole iTunes folder in there across. (Thats what I did yesterday at least)

JSalig
Oct 17, 2011, 12:51 PM
I had to do this when I changed machines. Copying the folder from the old machine to the new one was simple enough. Getting my devices to sync with the new machine was a different story. Had to restore both my ipad and iphone to factory settings before I could transfer anything.