Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShionoyaTamaki

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
iTunes 10.5
iPhone 4s ios5
winxp sp3

I have folders with smart playlist organizing my podcasts. When syncing with the iphone, the playlist disappears from iTunes. I've tried doing sync via usb and wireless.

Never had this issue with my 4.2.1 on my 3GS

Anyone have this issue or know of a solution?

Last edited:

ShionoyaTamaki

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
I found a potential work around. I am still testing it. Works via usb or wifi sync.

1. In music, make sure "Entire music library" is not selected. If you want music to sync pick the playlist you want.
  2. In podcast, make sure "automatically include all unplayed" is not selected. You will need to pick select podcast only playlist to sync over.

I am suspecting the music sync is screwing up the smart playlist for podcast when you choose "Entire music library" or "automatically inclue all unplayed" is screwing up the music. Sometimes all my podcast playlist are removed from itunes, other times only a few of them. So by separating the sync out by their individual playlist I haven't had any problems yet, but i am still testing. There could be other unknown variables causing it to happen I haven't discovered.

But if you do find yourself with missing playlist and don't want to painstakingly re make them. Go into your <Previous iTunes Libraries> folder. There should be some previous backups of your past library to restore from.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.