Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WinkWink726

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Pittsburgh Area, PA
So, I have an SD card that I used at my sister's baby shower today and it connected about 100 pictures and I'm missing the pics that I really needed towards the end of the day! :(
Its retrieved a lot, but its saying that the last ones are "corrupted" or formatted in a way that the camera and computer can't recognize.
None of my settings changed throughout my day and they're all JPG format.

Does anyone have ANY idea of how I can recover these pictures (or if its even possible?).

I'm desperate; I'd really like to save them :(

(my computer, a 13" Macbook Unibody, and my camera Nikon D3000 won't let me delete any of the pics either.
The only way I'm going to be able to clean the card is to "reformat".

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Firstly get the pictures on your Mac before you think about deleting anything else, if you haven't done that already.

Which picture viewer are you using - try opening them in another photo application.

There is also software out there that will repair corrupt photos - I have never used them and don't know how good they are but maybe if all else fails then you can try that route.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
After every shoot I reformat the card inside the camera, using the camera software. never using the computer to reformat. This way you won't have any problems esp. with missing files. This is with every camera. Use the software inside the camera to format.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.