Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andy2295

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
Today Siri is taking a very long time to answer my questions and sometimes even says its having trouble connecting to the network. However im on wifi and can easily browse internet no problem on it. Could this be a bad connection with apple servers?

benhollberg

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2010
I have been having the same problem but just every once and a while. Not too worried about it. I assume it is something with the Apple servers. If it does happen I just try again it it'll work the second time mostly.

Andy2295

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
i cant even get it to work lately... keeps saying its having trouble connecting to the network even though my wifi is working perfectly

wirawee

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I had this problem for several hours last night. I turned the phone off and then turned it back on and that fixed the problem. Give it a try if you haven't already. Specifically, this fixed the "couldn't find the network" problem.

gnagy

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2009
What's sad is that the old voice controls didn't require a data connection. Siri should be able to call people without the Internet.

Yes, one can turn Siri off, but it's a pain to have to toggle that manually.

monksealpup

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
Honolulu, HI, USA
What's sad is that the old voice controls didn't require a data connection. Siri should be able to call people without the Internet.

Yes, one can turn Siri off, but it's a pain to have to toggle that manually.

This. Clearly the algorithm needs a check to see whether it should connect to the network first. "Call Joe" can be handled locally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.