PDA

View Full Version : Got a $100 in app store credit and don't know what to spend it on

Funkymonk
Oct 16, 2011, 12:19 AM
ok it's $97 and change now but $100 looked better in the title :D

the only thing I bought so far is the bettersnap tool which was $1.99. it's pretty much the snapping feature thats found in windows 7. absolutely essential imo and should've been a feature in lion already.

anything else you guys recommend?

eric/
Oct 16, 2011, 03:24 AM

the only thing I bought so far is the bettersnap tool which was $1.99. it's pretty much the snapping feature thats found in windows 7. absolutely essential imo and should've been a feature in lion already.

Possibly a little known fact:

You can spend that credit on the iTunes store.

:cool:

Macman45
Oct 16, 2011, 03:32 AM

I'd be happy to take it off your hands:) Lot's of good stuff out there though. What do you use? Hobbies and interests are well covered, and as mentioned in the previous post, you can redeem in iTunes too.

Northwestern
Oct 16, 2011, 03:39 AM
Pages, Numbers, Keynotes
Galaxy on Fire 2, World of Goo, Total War: Rome, The Next BIG Thing, Galcon Fusion, Bioshock, Knights of the Old Republic

eric/
Oct 16, 2011, 03:44 AM
2nd the recommendation on Galcon Fusion

Also consider Angry Birds and Plants vs Zombies if you're looking for some games. Maybe Aperture?

Macman45
Oct 16, 2011, 03:46 AM
2nd the recommendation on Galcon Fusion

Also consider Angry Birds and Plants vs Zombies if you're looking for some games. Maybe Aperture?

Gets my vote, but it's really for keen photographers The updated version includes iCloud support too. It'll chew up most of the OP's credit though!

Funkymonk
Oct 16, 2011, 12:44 PM
not into games and already have ms office so I don't need pages, keynote, and numbers. looking for some productivity apps that are must haves

iPad 3
Oct 16, 2011, 01:02 PM
I am very pleased to inform you that a letter offering you a position with us is in the post and you should receive it in the next few days.

JSalig
Oct 16, 2011, 01:04 PM
You could always use it to purchase more iCloud storage.

fabian9
Oct 16, 2011, 01:05 PM

Just out of interest, what does that do?

Jason black
Oct 16, 2011, 01:06 PM
Give em to me. N

IngerMan
Oct 16, 2011, 01:10 PM
External HD, Messanger Bag, Sleeve..... opps strike that suggestion

iDuel
Oct 16, 2011, 01:15 PM
External HD, Messanger Bag, Sleeve.....

He has a virtual credit for iTunes & the Mac app store.

---

Like the previous poster mentioned, if you find the iCloud storage handy, then you may want to look into buying more space.

Aboo
Oct 16, 2011, 09:06 PM
Do you have an iPad or any other iOS devices? You can use it on the iOS app store as well; plenty of cool games and apps there.

If you want a really neat calendar/life manager, I highly recommend "Things". It won the Apple Developer award a few years ago and its very handy, especially if you have the iOS version as well.

Cheers!

wrinkster22
Oct 16, 2011, 09:09 PM
I got the 100$ card and bought the following items:
-pages (20)
-keynote (20)
-angry Birds (5)
Several modern family shows (20)
miss apps (text n drive, etc 7)
IDK it is nice to keep some balance so if i ever want something and I am short and funds I can think.. hmm I can use my credit to by the new enterouge episode...

YOKOJP
Oct 17, 2011, 12:58 AM
1password and sparrow. great apps.

jbouklas
Oct 17, 2011, 01:45 PM
I just bought Pixelmator for $30, since version 2 is supposed to come out soon and I heard it'll be $60, or a free upgrade for users of version 1. I use it the same way I used Photoshop, but for a fraction of the price.

You should also check out Reeder- it saves a ton of time, and it's a slick way to read all of your daily websites.

jsgreen
Oct 18, 2011, 08:08 AM
+1 for the 1Password recommendation.

depending on what you do for work, some more "expensive" apps that I recommend:

OmniFocus (Getting Things Done app), works well with an iPhone counterpart
MindMap Pro
Mavis Beacon (teaches touch typing)
OmniPlan (project management app)
Scrivener (writing app)
Daisy Disk (visualized HD space)

Invisible Elf
Oct 18, 2011, 01:54 PM
Just save it for future OS updates

Gemütlichkeit
Oct 18, 2011, 03:19 PM
I bought Day One Journal app for Mac and iOS. Along with some Mac games.

AkuskaUK
Oct 18, 2011, 03:34 PM
Buy me an App?