Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h1kar1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
Los angeles
siri - cutting out before finished dictating

Good day guys.

Was wondering if this is happing to anyone.

When trying to dictate a text message. I feel like i have to talk to quick or it will end the dictation? People in video's do not seem they have to speak fast.

Any how just wondering if its siri or my bluetooth headset

I'm using Jawbone era 2011

Or maybe there is an option I am missing like "lime out in xxx" in siri

h1kar1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
Los angeles
I feel like I have to get everything out in one breath...

siri should give you like 3-4 seconds before

Tdcox

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2013
I have the exact same problem. The slightest pause between words cuts me off. I'd say it is my life proof case and sound isn't getting through the waterproof protection but my GF has the same issue. Apple or somebody with Cydia should make it tweak to extend the time it takes for her to recognize that i'm done talking. I'd rather have to hit a button to stop Siri than have her cut me off constantly.!!

JohnDCCIU

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2009
You can prevent Siri from cutting you off in the command mode by holding down the Home button until you're done speaking.

Normally you activate Siri by holding the Home button until Siri responds, then letting it go and talking. In that mode she'll cut you off pretty quickly. Continuing to hold the Home button bypasses that limitation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.