Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Batteman87

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
South Carolina
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Along w/ Siri issues, is anyone else have any issues w/ the sound or screen brightness on their iPhone 4S?

At times when I type or lock my phone it will be super loud (like max volume), then the next minute it's back to normal like nothing has changed.

My screen brightness seems to also have a hard time returning to full brightness at times. Just seems really dim. (yes, I've checked my brightness level. Had to even up it because it seemed so low.)

Hope an update comes soon if these are issues. Hope everyone's is working well!

sindutrammpstam

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2011
I am having the same issue

Iphone 4S screen is dim sometimes when I unlock it. I have noticed after I open an app or open the settings icon, it has returned to full brightness after 10 or so seconds. It is random, so I cannot figure out what is causing it. Mine is the 64GB btw...is the iphone you are having trouble with the some model?

Batteman87

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
South Carolina
Iphone 4S screen is dim sometimes when I unlock it. I have noticed after I open an app or open the settings icon, it has returned to full brightness after 10 or so seconds. It is random, so I cannot figure out what is causing it. Mine is the 64GB btw...is the iphone you are having trouble with the some model?

Nope, I have the 32GB iPhone 4S. I had it in the OtterBox Defender series case until the sent me the new one. Apparently the sensor might have moved just enough to mess with the brightness. With the new case it seems back to normal. Still have the little volume flux now and then.

LWP777

Suspended
Sep 20, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Along w/ Siri issues, is anyone else have any issues w/ the sound or screen brightness on their iPhone 4S?

At times when I type or lock my phone it will be super loud (like max volume), then the next minute it's back to normal like nothing has changed.

My screen brightness seems to also have a hard time returning to full brightness at times. Just seems really dim. (yes, I've checked my brightness level. Had to even up it because it seemed so low.)

Hope an update comes soon if these are issues. Hope everyone's is working well!

Yes, I'm having the exact same issue with the volume. If I take the phone back to Apple will they replace it? The problem is that it doesn't do it every time so I doubt I can recreate it at the store when I take it in.

Batteman87

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
South Carolina
Yes, I'm having the exact same issue with the volume. If I take the phone back to Apple will they replace it? The problem is that it doesn't do it every time so I doubt I can recreate it at the store when I take it in.

I don't know what Apple will do. I am hoping that its just a matter of an update maybe? I hate it's happening to you too but, I'm glad it's not just me. Maybe if more folks have it they will do something. Wont hurt talking to Apple. I might drop by one of the stores next week. Let me know if you do or what they say.:apple:

thenumbersrbad

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
volume

i'm having the same issue with volume - but - mine only happens when i use Siri and then close Siri. The volume will be super loud, and the clicking when i type is so loud, but after a few minutes it will go back to normal. If you guys took it to an Apple Store I'm curious as to what they told you as I took mine and they weren't sure what the problem was and didn't replace my phone.

nzmc36

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2006
Gainesville FL
similar

Volume seems to change (like the wind) - all over the show. One moment it will be loud then back to settings level. No reliability at all. I've taken to having the mute switched on all the time as I don't want the thing to bug anyone near. Annoying... along with the slider not letting me answer calls ~ 20% of the time.

cachman

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2010
Volume Issues

I am having the Volume issue.

Has anyone learned of a fix or resolution?

Thank you in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.