Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
I use a wired connection from my wifi router into my computer for my home. I don't want to have a wireless connection when I can have a wired one.

But as I understand it, you can't do a wireless sync unless the computer itself is using the wireless connection.

Is there any way around this? The wired connection is coming out of the wireless router.

sparkstsa

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
No idea where you heard that. My mac is connected to my network via ethernet and I can wireless sync with no problems at all.

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
Because under Settings, General, iTunes Wifi Sync, it says "Sync will resume when (computer name) is available."

My computer is on and itunes is even open, but the ipad seems to disagree.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Because under Settings, General, iTunes Wifi Sync, it says "Sync will resume when (computer name) is available."

My computer is on and itunes is even open, but the ipad seems to disagree.

Try restarting your computer. My Mom's Mac had that issue and a reboot solved it.

I can tell you....the computer with iTunes does NOT need to be wireless only. My Mac Pro is wired and works fine.

-Kevin

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2011
UK
Well considering the computer doesn't make a direct link to the device, I can't see that being true. Wireless connection is naturally routed through your router.

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
I restarted the iPad and it seems to have corrected the issue, and I can home share again now.

Thanks for the help guys!

RESOLVED =)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.