PDA

View Full Version : New 11" MBA did not restore from Time Capsule...

devinh
Oct 16, 2011, 07:43 PM
I always run into this issue. Here's a history: I had a 13" MBA and bought a new 11" MBA. I also have been using a Time Capsule for wireless backups. I planned on doing 1 more backup to Time Capsule, restore the 13" MBA to factory settings and set up for my wife as new laptop, then set up the 11" MBA from the last backup on Time Capsule. So, I'm at the 11" MBA, turn it on, go thru the initial steps, hardwire my Time Capsule and use Migration Assistant. It starts and says about 3 hours to complete. I leave and come home and it states it could not complete, yet all of my apps transferred. I cannot find my music anywhere, my desktop looks the same as new out of the box, etc. Any guidance would be appreciated? For some reason, it seems like I have many user accounts from previous MBs. Hope this makes sense.

devinh
Oct 16, 2011, 09:14 PM
I am so simple. Went to Apple Support, checked some articles and figured it out. Logged out, chose correct user account and there was everything! For some reason, there are 3 user accounts that I have created. I should be able to delete all but the one I just restored with, yes?