Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

n0m0n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2011
HERE
Hello,
I was wondering if it is possible to get twitter updates to appear in the notification center?
I have tried to set it up but my updates that I receive aren't showing up anywhere on my iph4s.

My weather, stocks, mail messages and calendar are there when I draw the notification center down, but thats it.

Does anyone know if twitter is supposed to show?

Thanks

Zincous

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2008
Sacramento CA
Twitter can show in notification center, yes. I see mine there.

Go to Settings > Notifications > Twitter

Make sure "Notification Center" is turned on. And edit the other settings to your liking as well there for twitter.

n0m0n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2011
HERE
Twitter can show in notification center, yes. I see mine there.

Go to Settings > Notifications > Twitter

Make sure "Notification Center" is turned on. And edit the other settings to your liking as well there for twitter.

Twitter is setup to be on in the notifications.
It is setup just like mail and messages but the tweets aren't showing.

Thanks

AtomicEdge

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2009
In the Twitter App, go to settings, then Notifications and see if they are turned on there.

You can't get your feed to show in the notification centre (that would be mad), but you can pick a few settings there.

n0m0n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2011
HERE
In the Twitter App, go to settings, then Notifications and see if they are turned on there.

You can't get your feed to show in the notification centre (that would be mad), but you can pick a few settings there.

I have on set for notification, and the last option for where the notification should be.
But I get no notification at all when I get a tweet.
Not on the statusbar, not on the middle screen, no where.
I should get something shouldn't I?

Thanks

gmhag

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2011
I dont get twitter notifications either. I think it has to do with the fact that for some reason twitter is not "pushing" tweets. I have to go into the twitter app and it then starts downloading all of the tweets that have been sent since i have looked at it last. So if its not pushing tweets that would explain why it isnt notifying me but i cant find a way to make it push.

n0m0n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2011
HERE
I dont get twitter notifications either. I think it has to do with the fact that for some reason twitter is not "pushing" tweets. I have to go into the twitter app and it then starts downloading all of the tweets that have been sent since i have looked at it last. So if its not pushing tweets that would explain why it isnt notifying me but i cant find a way to make it push.

Thanks
That's my question and issue as well.
I thought twitter was going to be pushed.
Why have a notification option of its not going to?

gmhag

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2011
Thanks
That's my question and issue as well.
I thought twitter was going to be pushed.
Why have a notification option of its not going to?

Yeah, i completely agree. Its odd that it has a switch for notifications and cant notify. Is ANYONE getting notifications from twitter?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.