Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I could swear my 4 would make the touch tone sound when dialing while wearing headphones, even when the mute button was active. When I make a call with the 4S wearing headphones, with the mute button on, I get no touch tone sounds from the keypad. I can't remember getting NO touch tone sounds EVER on my 4. Am I going mad?

Last edited:

CSMchris376

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2010
Illinois
I don't have an iPhone 4S, however I thought I would try this on my iPhone 4 to see if there was any change. I don't use my iPhone much with the headphones on, but I did a test for you.

With my Apple headphones plugged into the iPhone 4 and the mute switch on, and dialing a number from the keypad, there are no touchtone sounds. I do hear them if the mute switch is off, but not while it was on. Can't say if this is a change from a prior iOS, as I said, I don't use this often. Hope that gives you some additional information at least. :)

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I don't have an iPhone 4S, however I thought I would try this on my iPhone 4 to see if there was any change. I don't use my iPhone much with the headphones on, but I did a test for you.

With my Apple headphones plugged into the iPhone 4 and the mute switch on, and dialing a number from the keypad, there are no touchtone sounds. I do hear them if the mute switch is off, but not while it was on. Can't say if this is a change from a prior iOS, as I said, I don't use this often. Hope that gives you some additional information at least. :)

Hey, thanks for doing that. I appreciate it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.