Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lewys

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
London
I have iMessage on my iPhone 4 and messages get received at my phone number and my email address.

I would like to remove my email address from the iPhone 4 and use it on my iMessage on iPad but for comes reason i can't remove it.

Is there a way to do this?

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
I have iMessage on my iPhone 4 and messages get received at my phone number and my email address.

I would like to remove my email address from the iPhone 4 and use it on my iMessage on iPad but for comes reason i can't remove it.

Is there a way to do this?

Go into iMessage and remove your email by adding another email, then tap your email and delete it.

lewys

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
London
i have done that but it still doesn't delete. do you have to have an email?

Mobile923

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
New York, NY
i have done that but it still doesn't delete. do you have to have an email?

No you don't, just go to

Settings > Messages > Receive At...

Tap on your Apple ID at the top and an options window will come up.

Just tap Log Out and then only your phone number will be associated with your iMessages going to your phone.

lewys

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
London
No you don't, just go to

Settings > Messages > Receive At...

Tap on your Apple ID at the top and an options window will come up.

Just tap Log Out and then only your phone number will be associated with your iMessages going to your phone.

Worked, thank you

amitabhbansal

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2011
Delhi, India
@Mobile923

thanks a lot brother, i was very much upset by this email thing in imessage, because my ipad was assigned with my email address and whenever someone send me imessage to my ipad i always received it on my iphone too, but by your trick i came out from that thing
Thanks a lot bro

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.