Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Statelymwhite

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
I have three devices, and the iCloud backup size on each is about 500MB... 1.6GB total.

However, iCloud is saying that I only have 1.1GB available out of 5.0GB.

So what's happened to the other 2.3GB?

Zincous

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2008
Sacramento CA
Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage

Here it should show your three devices and their sizes. But also should list "Documents and data" being backed up by individual apps as well. And "Mail".

My mail account is taking up 1.5 GB currently. So there are other ways of the backup to be used besides just the 3 device backups.

Statelymwhite

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
I only see Documents and Data for the device I have with me now, and that says 2.5kB

It very well could be one of the other two could have a bunch in Documents and Data.

Thanks.

anac

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2011
First time I used iCloud, it said I was using 3.2 out of the 5. Then I had to change ID and now it says 5 out of 5. I think they are wrong but my question is, will they tell me that not everything has been synced? I am not backing up, just syncing to my iMac. :confused:

Ok. After doing what zincous suggested it turnes out in my iPhone that I have 5 available! I'm not backing up, just syncing iPhone, iPad and iMac. Guess I don't have that much "stuff" after all"

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.