PDA

View Full Version : Lion Cursor Bug - With Video

baryon
Oct 17, 2011, 01:42 PM
Since I have Lion, I have noticed a small but annoying bug that happens almost every time I mouse over a link in Safari. When the cursor is supposed to change between the arrow and the hand pointer, you can see a slight flicker which is quite annoying.

See this video to know what I'm talking about:
http://youtu.be/7mplBWUVB2M

I'm running 10.7.2 but the bug was present in all previous versions of Lion. It was not present in Snow Leopard or Leopard.

Anyone else? Any ideas?

EDIT: I must add that I recorded the screen with a camera, since the bug did not show up when using QuickTime's screen recording. It also doesn't show up when I use screen zoom...

bruleke
Oct 17, 2011, 01:50 PM
Hm. I see. Its small but as other small things, it can be annoying. Also, as other small PROBLEMS, it wasnt supposed to happen, even being almost invisible.

This goes to the "Lion's LONG problems list" n 101, I guess...

Just for the record:
As soon as I seen this video, I imagined that hundreds of people (fanboys.... cough cough) will come here and name you bad names because "its so small you cant see, come on!".
Well, good luck with that. Fanboys are everywhere...

baryon
Oct 17, 2011, 02:24 PM
Hm. I see. Its small but as other small things, it can be annoying. Also, as other small PROBLEMS, it wasnt supposed to happen, even being almost invisible.

This goes to the "Lion's LONG problems list" n 101, I guess...

Just for the record:
As soon as I seen this video, I imagined that hundreds of people (fanboys.... cough cough) will come here and name you bad names because "its so small you cant see, come on!".
Well, good luck with that. Fanboys are everywhere...

Yeah I know it's small, and I admit that it may seem ridiculous to complain about this, so I'm just basically writing to know if others are seeing it too. I think it just adds a feeling of "lack of polish" to the OS, something that Beta apps have (button glitches, cursor problems, etc), you know, stuff that gets ironed out after the first update. But it's now 10.7.2 and it's still there, it's just silly!

bruleke
Oct 17, 2011, 02:36 PM
Ahahaha
New name for the OSX:

MAC OSX BETTA LION...
...because this OS seems to be in betta version since its been released.